Publishing versions leads to 'RuntimeException occurred while performing an XHTML storage transformation'

Comments

5 comments

  • Avatar
    Mascha

    I just tried to edit the page that was unable to be published, but editing caused another exception:

    Cause

    java.lang.RuntimeException: Error converting include macros to include-plus macros.
        at com.k15t.scroll.platform.services.page.impl.DefaultPageUpdateHelper.getConvertedContent(DefaultPageUpdateHelper.java:244)

    caused by: com.atlassian.confluence.content.render.xhtml.XhtmlException: RuntimeException occurred while performing an XHTML storage transformation (null)
        at com.atlassian.confluence.content.render.xhtml.storage.StorageXhtmlTransformer.transform(StorageXhtmlTransformer.java:64)

    caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException
        at Unknown location

     

    The page itself only contains the macro "Metadata Report", provided by Andy Armstrong's Metadata Plugin. Is this incompatible with Scroll Versions?

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Mascha

    Deleting the page, all it's descendants and versions solved the problem. I just do not understand the root cause.

    Regarding my other question: please ignore it. I understood that the section "pages that are changed" displays all changes made in this version, independent from their publishing status. This was not clear to me before.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Nils Bier

    Hi Mascha,

    thanks for contacting us.

    Have you created the affected space using the Confluence Documentation blueprint?

    If the Scroll Versions Theme is activated, pages containing a Content by Label Macro will not be displayed correctly if the space has been created using the Documentation Blueprint because the xHTML can not be interpreted (see https://www.k15t.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=87490961).

    There is an equivalent issue at Atlassian: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-33890 Please vote for this issue.

    Does that help?

    Best,Nils

     

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Mascha

    Hi Nils,

    the space was not created with the Documentation Blueprint and the page did not contain the Content by Label Macro, just the Metadata Report Macro. Deleting the page was helpful (fortunately, the content was outdated :-)

    Nevertheless, I voted for this issue.

    Cheers,

    Mascha

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Nils Bier

    Hi Mascha,

    I just tried to reproduce the behavior using Confluence 5.7.4, Scroll Versions 2.8.4 and the Metadata plugin 3.3.1.

    Everything worked as expected. If the problem does occur the next time, please send us a XML export of the affected space to support@k15t.com.

    We'll then have a closer look and see what we find out.

    Best,
    Nils

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.

Powered by Zendesk