Get Confluence version number of the exported page

Comments

5 comments

  • Avatar
    Nils Bier

    Hi Stefan,

    I guess 5 is the version number of the root page you start the export from?
    Currently it's not possible to have running elements and change the content of the placeholder depending on the exported page (as our current library does not support this) - all placeholders are filled with the data coming from the root page.

    We have an improvement for that in our JIRA system: https://k15t.jira.com/browse/EXP-352
    Please sign up at https://k15t.jira.com/secure/Signup!default.jspa to watch, comment on or vote for this issue. You'll then get a notification for every status update on the issue.

    Best,
    Nils

    P.S. Will you be at this years AtlasCamp again?

  • Avatar
    Ernst Stefan (ERS)

    Hey Nils,

    yes I hope I will be, Barcelona sounds nice :)

    What confuses me is: 5 is not actually the version number of the exported root page (actually its 79). I have no idea where that value is coming from.

    I didnt see the version field in the placeholder documentation, is it even officially supported?

    best regards

  • Avatar
    Nils Bier

    Hi Stefan,

    the placeholder "$page.version" should actually give back the current version of the page (from the page history) - I just retested it and everything worked as expected (Confluence 5.8.14 and Scroll PDF Exporter 3.4.2).

    Which Confluence and Scroll PDF Exporter version are you using currently?

    Best,Nils

  • Avatar
    Ernst Stefan (ERS)

    Hey Nils,I just tested this more thoroughly: The issue only affects certain pages. Other pages work fine with the same PDF template.

    The page I tested has the wrong page version and the wrong original author displayed in the PDF export. It does however yield the correct results when I display page version and author via user macro on the page which leads to a mismatch of information in the body and header of the exported PDF. The export via Word (Scroll Office) works fine and displays the correct author.

    Then I did something wild: I disabled Comala Workflows and now it works fine for the affect page, even though the page had no workflow on it! I guess there must have been some corruption with that page ID, I would have to look through the database to find out what exactly happened but it certainly isnt good.

    I will ask Comalatech about this

    best regards

     

  • Avatar
    Nils Bier

    Hi Stefan,

    thanks for the update - it would be great if you could keep us posted on the described behavior.

    Best,Nils

Please sign in to leave a comment.

Powered by Zendesk